2011年8月11日 星期四

Resentment no, Disappointment yes!

by Nameless
(Caregiver)

Considering the mom has lived with my husband and I for about 15yrs after selling her house. The usual Doctor's appointments, healthcare decisions along with the mountain of other tasks has mounted up over the years.

Taking time off from a full time job, changing jobs frequently to find one that permits telecommuting and flex time is a blessing.

The siblings live some distance away and with moms health decline requiring a home health aide(wonderful)the responsibility of everything is to the pint of exhaustion. I have relayed the information to siblings with the reply that "Do what's best for you". Never once have they offered to come for a week, or stay a few hours even to give me a break. They take vacations and spend time with their families which I can appreciate but when I ask for help all I get is their backs turned. Kind of like falling and raising your hand up for help up and there's no one there.

I get the "you should do this or that" but they haven't a clue as to what mom's capabilities are or are not and the best place for her currently is here with me.

Sadly, I don't think the siblings would look after her like I do.
Perhaps it's the way I am put together and I would like for moms last years to be in comfort and stability but it becomes a daily challenge.

My marriage and relationships have suffered yet I push on. I figure if folks don't want to hang with you during the ruff times they might not be worth having around anyway.
Well per usual I hear some rustling around and I need to go tens to what mom needs.

It's a thankless job most of the time but at least I know that I do not suffer alone and there are plenty of others walking this same path.
Good luck to all and may mercy shine on us when our time comes.

沒有留言:

張貼留言