2011年7月27日 星期三

With VIP Rides, an active, 82-year-old woman now feels safe and confident about getting out in the community again.

I recently got a call from a man who was looking for a way to help his mom get to her monthly appointments.? After researching transportation options on the Internet, he thought VIP Rides sounded like a good choice.? I explained the program to him and he said it was just what his mom needed.? I then called his mom, Claire, to tell her about the service.? Because she has a slight hearing problem we decided to meet at her Fremont home where she has lived for over 40 years and raised both her children.

While her children now live out of the area, she enjoys good communication with them and finds that they are happy to help her find the resources she needs to continue living independently in her own home.? Her limitations are similar to many women her age, she can no longer drive and finds it difficult to do the simple things she once enjoyed.

After I explained the program to her she didn’t hesitate to get started.? Her first adventure was a trip to the grocery store.? She was so comfortable with the volunteer that after getting home she called and said VIP Rides was just like having a friend take her.

In addition to regular trips to do her shopping, she has also scheduled twice a week physical therapy appointments.? “I now feel safe and and confident about getting out to do I what I need to do,” she says.? “I attribute this to to the VIP Rides program.”

Lori Vogel
VIP Rides Coordinator
510-574-2096

沒有留言:

張貼留言